Fast Forward to July 1st- I have just started my new job as the Assistant Golf Professional at Azalea City Golf Club in Mobile, AL. “Shop Life” as I like to call it, is everything I expected it to be. Long days behind the counter, endless questions about the weather (people must think I have a degree in meteorology), and Jr golf lessons galore. But hey, its December 30th and after 7 months as an assistant golf pro I am not complaining. In fact, i’m beyond thankful. I am learning about the business of golf, i’m making money, and i’m getting the chance to give back to the game I love! Is this what I want to do forever? Absolutely not. But at this point in time it IS exactly what I need.
I want to finish this post with a list of 2012 “Firsts”- things that took place for the first time in my life and my friends and family’s lives:
1) Took a ballroom dancing class with my mom
2) Took a wine tasting class with my mom
3) Got “suspended” from my cart staff job for losing a gigantic sales rack full of clothes
4) Teed it up in a Nationwide Tour Qualifier
5) Auditioned for a movie
6) Auditioned for a play ( got the part)
7) Hired for my first “real” job as an assistant pro
8) Won my PAT by 17 shots
9) Gave my first official one hour golf lesson, and got paid for it!
10) Saw several marriages of people who I really love and care about come to an end. ( 2013 will be a year of healing. And a year of fresh starts.)
11) Witnessed a close friend beat addiction and is now striving better than ever before.
12)Dead lifted 290lb ( weak by any standard other than mine)
13) Saw my sister open her own business. Studio 32 Orthodontics. Not to shabby!
14) Accepted more and worried less. Simply said “Yes” to more experiences.
15) And a couple other things probably not intended for all audiences ears.
” 2013: No boundaries, ceilings, or walls. Obstacles become opportunities, Problems become Challenges. Reach for zero regrets.” – Apolo Ohno